Vladimir Veličković is one of Serbia’s preeminent painters, a representative of new (modern) figuration. He graduated from the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade; he has been a member of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts since 1985.
He received the highest French honor in culture and arts, becoming a Commandeur dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres, and he has been elected into the French Academy of Fine Arts’ painting department. From 1983 to 2000 he taught at Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts, in Paris, and in 2007 he received the exquisite French honor of the title of a knight of the Legion of Honor.
- Drawings, Rima Gallery, Kragujevac;
- Paintings, Gallery of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade;
- Drawings, Zepter Gallery, Belgrade;
- Early Works, Rima Gallery, Kragujevac; and over 200 solo exhibitions worldwide.
- Visual Arts Autumn Sombor; and over 600 exhibitions worldwide.
- From 1985, member of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts;
- From 1983, professor at Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts, Paris.
- Member of French Academy of Fine Arts;
- Founder of Vladimir Veličković foundation, supporting young visual artists;
- Recipient of Medal of Artistic Endeavor;
- Winner of Politika Art Award;
- Winner of the prestigious Herder Prize;
- Recipient of the highest French honor in culture and art: Commandeur dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres;
- Recipient of the French Legion of Honor – Chevalier (Knight) medal;
- Awarded an honorary doctorate at the University of Kragujevac.
|Predupisni rok je u toku.|
|Prijavi se i postani deo klase 2021/22 »|
|EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS UNDERWAY.|
|APPLY AND JOIN THE CLASS OF 2021/22 »|