- Art History Studies, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade, 2009
- Master studies, Department of Ethnology and Anthropology, Faculty of Philosophy, Belgrade, 2014
- Doctoral studies of art history, Department of Modern Art, Faculty of Philosophy, Belgrade, 2015
- Winning of the Pavle Beljanski memorial collection award for 2010
Irina Tomić teachers the subjects Art History Overview and Anthropology at the Academy of Fine Arts and Multimedia. Her research as an art historian concern modern and contemporary art, with a special emphasis on the art in Serbia and Yugoslavia in the 20th century, the influence of Byzantine cultural heritage on the development of modern and contemporary art, art during World War II. In the area of ethnology and anthropology, her research concerns folk traditions and beliefs in the Balkans, gender studies and the anthropology of the body.
Before she started teaching at the Academy of Fine Arts and Multimedia, Irina Tomić used to work at the Little Gallery “Singidunum” (2008). At the National Museum in Belgrade (2014–2016) she volunteered first as a volunteer-apprentice, and then as a custodian, working in the area of museum activity and heritage protection. In 2014 and 2015, she participated in the making of the catalog for the art collection of the “Defense” Media Center of the Ministry of Defense.
Irina Tomić has also been an author of a number of exhibitions. As a part of the Museum Night (2011), in Pavle Beljanski memorial collection in Novi Sad, she hosted an exhibition of paintings by Rada Selaković, entitled Gold. With Olivera Vukotić, she created the exhibition Talent and Sensitivity (Selected works from the collection of MC “Defense”), in the Serbian Military Center’s Big Gallery (2016). She is currently working on a doctorate on art during World War Two.
- Dva dela Vlaha Bukovca iz umetničke zbirke Medija centra Odbrana (professional paper), National Museum – Belgrade anthology XXII /2, 291–301, 2016
- Vizantijsko nasleđe u srpskoj modernoj umetnosti (study) Vizantijsko nasleđe i srpska umetnost III, Serbian Byzanthology Committe, SANU Byzanthology Institute, Belgrade, 149–168, 2016
- Srpski ikonopis XX veka, (study) Vizantijsko nasleđe i srpska umetnost III, Serbian Byzanthology Committe, Official Gazette, SANU Byzanthology Institute, Belgrade, 219–227, 2016
- The Eye Light Reflection in Fine Art, Arts (Co-author), Literature and Linguistics: Open Access Journal, Arts Lit Linguist, Volume 1, Issue 1, Article Number: ALLOA-1-002, 2016
- Konj u srpskim narodnim običajima i verovanjima (scientific paper), master theses collection, Ethnographic Museum Belgrade, Belgrade, 275–326, 2016
- Društvo srpskih umetnika Lada: 110 godina (Collaborator on monograph catalog), National Museum, Belgrade, 2014/2015
- Brain and art: illustrations of the cerebral convolutions (Co-author), Folia Morphol. Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. XX-XX, Via Medica, 2014
- Heart in anatomy history, radiology, anthropology and art, Folia Morphol, (Co-author) Vol. 73, No. 2, pp. 103–112, 2014
- Rada Selaković (Monograph), series “Žene u srpskoj umetnosti”, TOPY, Belgrade, 2011
- Bouvi, Džons, Berns – Glamur i kič u delu Rade Selaković (Studija), Proceedings from the Modern Art Studies Seminar of the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade 7, 91–98, 2011
- Cochlea and other spiral forms in nature and art (Co-author), American Journal of Otolaryngology, Volume 33, Number 1, 80–87, 2012
- Neuroradiology and Art: A Review and Personal Contribution (Co-author), Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, 222, 297–302, 2010
|Predupisni ROK je otvoren.|
|PRIJAVI SE I POSTANI DEO KLASE 2024/25 »|
|Pre-registration IS open.|
|APPLY AND BECOME PART OF THE CLASS OF 2024/25 »|